Your Choice for Calgary Osteoarthritis Care
New research out of Denmark is giving people with hip and knee osteoarthritis pain hope! They have shown that a comprehensive program that delivers proper knowledge about your condition along with self-help strategies and a neuromuscular re-education exercise program can relieve your pain and improve your quality of life better than drugs or surgery! This research is now showing that this approach can delay or even prevent the need for total joint replacement surgery.
What should I do?
It begins with a comprehensive assessment. Our team will do a thorough and comprehensive assessment for your Osteoarthritis and come up with a treatment plan to relieve your pain and get you active again. Treatment options can include:
- Knowledge: Better knowledge means better choices. Better choices mean better results!
- Neuromuscular re-education exercise: Exercise programs you can do either under supervision with one of our physiotherapists or on your own in the comfort of your own home. These exercises improve how your nervous system controls your muscular control over your painful osteoarthritic hips and knees.
- Manual therapy: Joint and soft tissue adjustments, manipulation and massage, restore normal alignment to those painful and stiff joints
- Lubricating injections: Our sports medicine physicians can administer Viscosupplementation (lubricant) expertly guided by ultrasound into those painful, stiff osteoarthritic joints. Synvisc, Duralaine, and Monovisc are some of the proven therapies that they can do right in our clinic to help reduce your pain and improve your mobility.
- Bracing: Our clinicians are trained and certified to provide both stabilizing and offloading custom-fitted braces to reduce your pain and improve your mobility.
A Clinic You Can Trust
It is the practice of a strong work ethic, continuous education, and prioritizing patient outcomes that makes the difference. Together with our knowledge, programs and expertise, our mission is to help you live a perpetual life of wellness. We are National Spine & Wellness, and we invite you to experience proven results through expert care.
Book a 15 Min Complimentary Phone Consultation
National Spine & Wellness’ 3 Step Treatment Plan
Our care involves the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders
of the muscles, bones, and joints, especially the spine. Your first visit to National
Spine & Wellness is dedicated to learning about the history of your pain and how
it impacts your daily life.
The information we gather during your initial assessment is used to create a 3-
step treatment plan.
Step One: Pain Relief
Did you know that manual therapy is one of only very few treatments science has proven to be the most effective for relieving your back and neck pain? Our team are experts at this treatment but also understand that this isn’t all you may need to get better.
They also work collaboratively with your health care team to get you out of pain and get you moving in a safe, controlled fashion.
Step Two: Rebuild Strength & Agility
Ask yourself, if you were 100% what would you be doing?
That is the question we put to you first and foremost so we can customize your treatment plan.
Once your pain begins to go away we empower you to gain the knowledge, understanding, and tools to build your resiliency to get back to the activities you love.
Step Three: Maintain & Improve
By using a wellness model customized to your specific needs, we can give you the knowledge and tools to maintain and improve your health in a wellness model. Once the problem that was causing your symptoms is corrected, we will also work with you to learn ways to prevent the pain from returning.
The goal of our care is to offer preventative maintenance for pain-free living.
If you’re looking for a physiotherapist/miracle worker, Lindsay Fraser is the woman for you. I’ve been seeing Lindsay for a few months now.. prior to meeting her I had slipped... read more
Amazing staff, and clinic! I have seen both Dr. Batinic and Dr. Edgecombe, both are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and professional!! I used the MCU, neck adjustments and needling,... read more
Josip has made a huge difference in my life and my wife’s. I had a disc issue with SI involvement and he pinpointed the SI involvement right away, and adjusted... read more